WEHCO Media, Inc. is searching for an experienced Payroll Administrator in a multi-company, multi-state environment, processing payrolls and issuing payments bi-weekly to 500 + employees. Experience working in a fast-paced development environment where managing multiple priorities under pressure is essential. This is a full-time position with an 8 am – 5 pm Mon-Fri in-person schedule.
The responsibilities include assisting managers in auditing timekeeping records for accuracy and completion; performing payroll processing activities on a bi-weekly basis; ensuring accurate and timely processing of payroll updates, including new hires, terminations, employee salary and status changes, benefits, and deductions; applying employee wage garnishments and other involuntary deductions in compliance with CCPA and state regulations; accurately process bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual state and federal payroll taxes for multiple states; maintaining confidentiality and security of all employee and proprietary company information, and assisting with special projects as needed.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in finance or business preferred.
- At least 3 years of payroll processing experience.
- Knowledge of wage garnishment laws.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, are required. Strong knowledge of Excel formulas and pivot tables is a must.
- Applicant must be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to deal with complex, sensitive, and confidential issues.
- Candidate must be empathetic and have good customer service skills.
- The applicant must have strong organizational, time management, and prioritization abilities.
Competitive salary plus benefits such as 401(k) with company match, profit sharing, medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation and holidays, paid personal and floating holiday, paid parental leave, life insurance, health savings account, flexible spending account, critical illness, hospital indemnity, short term disability, and employee assistance program.
Drug-free workplace. This is a safety-sensitive position. The candidate must pass drug screening and background checks and have a satisfactory driving record.
WEHCO Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age 40 or older, or genetic information, including family medical history or any other legally protected class or status.
Interested applicants may send their resume to Toni Staten at firstname.lastname@example.org.