Essential Job Functions
· Ensure structural steel fabrication is acceptable per the approved shop drawings.
· Document all non-conformities found during in-process or final inspection.
· Possess the ability to work with Production Supervision to inspect priority pieces and communicate non-conformities.
· Document and communicate non-conformities and detailing questions with Engineering.
· Communicate with management and shop floor employees in a professional manner.
· Read shop drawings and inspect pieces dimensionally.
· Perform visual weld inspections per required AWS welding codes.
· Ability to communicate and document inspections electronically.
· Willing to work either day shift or night shift.
· Structural steel cleaning and painting knowledge is a plus.
· AWS Certified Welding Inspector certification is a plus.
· Non-destructive testing methods (MT, UT, PT, RT) are a plus.
W&W | AFCO Steel is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, and all the terms and conditions there of, on the basis of race, creed, color, age , sex, religion, marital status, veteran status, national origin, non-job disability or other protected group status in accordance with the law of the workplace.