Move Team Skilled Trades Helper
Move Team Skilled Trades Helper is responsible for assisting skilled workers with UAMS moves, state surplus, recycling/waste, and event set-ups in support of the medical, educational, and research programs on the UAMS Campus and offsite facilities. HS Diploma/GED, valid DL. UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. Apply at jobs.uams.edu job #2021-76424
Assisting skilled workers with UAMS moves, state surplus, recycling/waste, and event set-ups in support of the medical, educational, and research programs on the UAMS Campus and offsite facilities. This position is also responsible for assisting with problems and/or emergencies relating to facility issues on the UAMS Campus.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience
- Performs loading and unloading of equipment and furniture for customers on central campus and surrounding areas including pick up of all surplus items and delivering to designated site(s) including Arkansas Marketing and Redistribution (M&R).
- Collection and transport of recyclables and waste from around campus to various collection sites on campus
- Assist with setting up for events on campus
Performs general tasks of removal and destruction of hard drives/media from all computers and equipment before sending to M&R.
*This position is declared as essential and performs other duties as assigned.
- High School, GED or formal education equivalent
- Maintain a Valid driver’s license with fewer than 12 points on their Motor Vehicle Record
- The ability to lift 50 lbs. or more repetitiously
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Frequently
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 51 - 99 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Frequently
Taste or smell: Occasionally
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment: Inside Medical Facility Environment, Outdoor Weather Conditions
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Depth perception
Hazards: Dust, Fumes/Gases/Odors, Heavy machinery, Sharp objects/tools