Move Team Maintenance Supervisor
Move Team Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overseeing maintenance activities performed by move team personnel, providing administrative oversight at the job site level for moves, surplus, recycling/waste, and event set ups.HS Diploma/GED+2yrs maint exp, valid DL. Sal:$34,944.UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. Apply at jobs.uams.edu job #2021-76418
Under the direction of the Move Team Manager, this position is responsible for overseeing maintenance activities performed by move team personnel, providing administrative oversight at the job site level for moves, surplus, recycling/waste, and event set ups. These activities are vital to the safety, comfort, and general wellbeing of patients, students and employees. This position is also responsible for assisting with all problems and/or emergencies relating to facility issues on the UAMS Campus.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary: $34,944 annually ($16.80 hourly)
- Assists the manager with reviewing, prioritizing, and assigning work orders for personnel under his supervision; ensuring that the highest priority work orders are scheduled appropriately.
- Inspects and assists with work in progress to ensure it is completed in a timely manner. Communicates with customers at the job site level.
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with all applicable codes, standards, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Responsible for professional quality and workmanship of all work performed by assigned staff.
- Responsible for reviewing work orders in TMA for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for ordering materials and supplies for scheduled work.
- In the absence of the manager, assumes full responsibility for the move team and other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2 years of maintenance, dispatch, logistics, operations, transportation, relocation, or a related experience
- Valid driver’s license with fewer than 12 points on their Motor Vehicle Record
- Computer program proficiency level: Novice
- Microsoft Office experience level: Intermediate
- Computer program proficiency level: Intermediate
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Frequently
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 51 - 99 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Frequently
Taste or smell: Occasionally
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Frequently
Physical Environment: Inside Medical Facility Environment, Outdoor Weather Conditions
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Depth perception
Hazards: Chemical, Dust, Electrical, Fumes/Gases/Odors, Radiation, Sharp objects/tools