General Maintenance is responsible for responsible for general maintenance and repair duties during non-standard business hours for the Medical, Educational, and Research facilities on the UAMS Campus. HS Diploma/GED+5yrs maintenance exp, valid DL, Sal: $34,516 annually; UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. . Apply jobs.uams.edu job # 2021-77800
**Shifts may vary and include some weekends**
This position is responsible for general maintenance and repair duties during non-standard business hours for the Medical, Educational, and Research facilities on the UAMS Campus. These duties are vital to the safety, comfort, and general wellbeing of patients, students and employees. This position is also responsible for assisting with all problems and or emergencies relating to facility issues on the UAMS Campus.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
Career Training and Educational Opportunities
Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary: $16.59/hr - $34,516 annually
- Drives to work sites and performs tasks that pertain to the maintenance of the UAMS campus. Duties include (but not limited to)
- Carpentry – Ceiling tile replacement, furniture repair, installation of T.V. brackets, bulletin boards, file holders, & pictures, minor drywall repair, and painting.
- Plumbing - Repair or replace flush valves, sinks, faucets, p-traps, water supplies, etc. Remove obstructions from clogged urinals, sinks, toilets, sewer lines, etc.
- HVAC/Mechanical - Change belts, filters, air registers, diagnose and repair minor heating/cooling issues, etc.
- Electrical – Reset breakers, change receptacle, light switches, cover plates, light bulbs, light fixtures, ballast, etc.
- Preventive Maintenance – Perform preventative maintenance inspections and procedures in accordance to preventative maintenance instructions and applicable codes. Also, be able respond to hot/ cold calls.
- Complete documentation essential for the Engineering & Operations work order system and preventative maintenance program.
*This position is declared as essential and performs other duties as assigned
*Follows all safety and productivity procedures and protocols
- High school diploma/GED plus 5 years of maintenance experience.
Valid driver’s license with fewer than 12 points on their Motor Vehicle Record.
- Computer program proficiency level: Novice
- 3 years of maintenance in a healthcare setting.
- Computer program proficiency level: Intermediate.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Frequently
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 51 - 99 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Continuously