Wrecker/Tow truck Operator
Are you self-motivated, independent, determined, and quick on your feet? Want to work for a company with a broad range of equipment that can do just about anything? Tanner’s Truck & Equipment is that company!
Tanner’s Truck & Equipment Inc. DBA Tanner’s Towing & Recovery houses their own equipment such as trackhoe, mini excavator, backhoe, skytrak, etc. as well as semi tractors, trailers, and wreckers. This company is always doing something different each day! Tanner’s is responsible for all large semi recoveries in Hot Spring County. Tanner’s also offers recoveries for Grant County and surrounding counties if needed. Tanner’s works closely with the Arkansas State Police, Hot Spring County Sheriff’s Department, Rockport Police Department, Malvern Police Department, and Arkansas Highway Patrol/DOT.
Tanner’s prides themselves with hard working employees with positive attitudes, as this position can consist of some long working hours. This could include tractor-trailer recoveries, 24/7 call outs for law enforcement, vehicle breakdowns, etc. You will be required to work independently on most calls, but when it comes to recoveries you will need to work as a team. Our recoveries can include fatalities, semi rollovers, accidents, arrests, abandoned vehicles, winch outs, etc. During these recoveries a Tanner employee is required to be hands on. If you are working in a group setting you will be required to help at all times, but during a regular work day there will be plenty to keep you busy. At Tanner’s every day is different!
- MUST be located in the Malvern Area within 10-15 minutes from our business location.
- MUST have at least a CDL Class B before applying!! We will NOT pay for you to obtain your CDL.
- THIS IS TO TRAIN TO BECOME A TOW TRUCK OPERATOR. THIS IS NOT A TRUCK DRIVING JOB. THIS OPENING IS TO RUN A WRECKER TO RECOVER VEHICLES THAT HAVE BEEN IN ACCIDENTS, BREAKDOWNS, OR NEED WINCHOUTS.
- Monday to Friday
(8:00 am to 4:30 pm)
- On call 24/7
- Health insurance (optional) after 90 days of employment.
- 1 weeks’ vacation after the first year of employment, and 2 weeks after the second year, etc.
- Ability to train on the job!
Highly competitive pay based on experience. The more you know, the more you will get paid.
- Heavy Equipment Experience is preferred
- Mechanic Experience is a plus
- Wrecker or Semi-Truck (STANDARD TRANSMISSION) Experience is REQUIRED
- Ability to wash and detail equipment, wreckers, service trucks, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Driving and operating heavy equipment (trackhoe, excavator, skytrak, forklifts, etc.), service trucks, rollback wreckers, medium wreckers, and heavy wreckers.
- Mechanic experience is a plus!
- MUST help maintain the upkeep on wreckers and equipment being used. This does involve washing and detailing the wreckers, service trucks, equipment, etc. Tanner’s strives to have the best looking and operating equipment around. Everything will be require to stay clean and organized.
- Must be able to work independently, but most important work as a team. Standing around with your hands in your pockets or on your phone is frowned upon.
- Must be able to keep up with paperwork, invoices, impound forms, receipts, etc.
- MUST be willing to train to become a wrecker operator!
Qualifications and Skills
- MUST BE LOCATED IN THE MALVERN OR SURROUNDING AREA WITHIN 10-15 MINUTES FROM OUR BUSINESS LOCATION DUE TO ARRIVAL TIMES FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT DISPATCHING.
- MINIMUM of a Class B CDL prior to applying. Tanner’s will NOT pay for you to obtain a CDL.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- NO DWI’S OR CRIMINAL RECORD!
- Must be able to pass a background check as well as a drug/alcohol test
- Must be able to lift 50-75+ pounds.
- Must have experience in operating heavy equipment.
- Must have the ability to wash and detail equipment, wreckers, and service trucks. This is a big MUST!