The Adult Education Center of Camden is accepting application for the position of
This is a 12-month faculty position with an annual salary of $45,000 and full benefits. Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3-4 years of teaching experience and current Arkansas Teacher’s License. Applicant must be willing to earn Adult Education Certification within 3 years of hire date. Deadline for first consideration is June 19, 2022.
Job description and application can be found at https://www.
The Adult Education Instructional Specialist works under general supervision and is responsible for developing, creating, evaluating curricula/program, instructing students in the classroom, and building relationships with business/industry. This position is grant funded. Continued funding for this position is determined by the availability of funding and performance.
SAU Tech employees are expected to demonstrate excellence in interpersonal behaviors and be committed to effective collaboration with colleagues. Joinging the SAU Tech family requires a commitment to our culture of Continuous Quality Improvement.
Examples of Duties
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Establish and build working relationships with community and business stakeholders in the community.
• Keep abreast of changes in the workforce program’s service area.
• Provide instructional support to teachers and recommend the use of different or new teaching techniques, strategies, or tools appropriate to the needs of the learner including individual and group instruction.
• Assess and discuss the curriculum standards with teachers, and create or improve existing curricula/programs.
• Plan, organize, and conduct teacher trainings and workshops.
• Serve as the primary ABE instructor for the Integrated Education/Training and Workplace Program. Assist with the implementation of new trainings under the IET program
• Serve as the WAGE Coordinator. Establish and build working relationships with community and business stakeholders, and keep track of partnership agreements.
• Serve as SAU Tech Adult Education’s representative on Arkansas WAGE™ Committee. Ensure program is meeting all requirements as established by the state.
• Setup and conduct monthly visits with local businesses/industries to discuss the WAGE™ program and other adult education services
• Generate, complete, and submit all reports pertaining to WAGE™.
• Provide instruction for basic academic skills remediation and assign appropriate materials to help each student meet his or her goals, supplementing or finding alternate materials/instructional methods as needed based on learner goals, reflection and feedback, assessment results, and instructor observation.
• Build rapport with students and explain program rules and procedures to students, discuss student goals and create an individualized plan toward meeting those goals; evaluate progress and adjust plan as needed.
• Develop classroom-based and distance learning training courses, using needs assessments and skill level analyses.
• Maintain student records and attendance records daily and/or weekly to ensure students are assessed and learning plans are updated in a timely manner.
• Continuously evaluate class performance and provide input on program improvement.
• Keep professionally up-to-date in areas of instruction and complete required professional development hours. Participate in relevant professional development activities as set forth in professional development plan.
• Apply research, knowledge, and skills from professional development hours. Participate I relevant professional development activities as set forth in professional development plan.
Provide data and information for program reports as needed for meetings as requested.
• Attend state meetings/trainings, local meetings, and events as required.
• Actively participate in recruitment activities as required and retention activities as stated in the recruitment/retention policy.
• Cross train in all programs to be familiar with requirements and to be able to help students reach their goals.
• Adhere to all program policies
• Perform related duties as required or assigned by supervisor.
Minimum educational level Bachelor's Degree with at least 3-4 years of teaching experience. Preferably Master's Degree
Must have current Arkansas Teacher's License
Must earn Adult Education Certification within 3 years date of hire
The Instructional Specialist has regular contact with students, agency/institution personnel, the general public and various program-related state and federal agencies. Occasional work other than normal office hours and occasional travel may be required.