Director of Workforce
SOUTHEAST ARKANSAS ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT, Inc .
is accepting applications for two
vacant positions : a Full-time
•Director of Workforce Development
in Pine Bluff, AR
in Pine Bluff, AR:
southeastarkansas.org/jobs/ for job description and submission requirements. No phone calls please. SEAEDD is an equal opportunity Employer.
•Director of Workforce Development
in Pine Bluff, AR
The Director of Workforce Development/SEAWDB (Southeast Arkansas Workforce Development Board) Director shall
be responsible for the leadership role in the implementation and preservation of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity
(WIOA) Act within the Southeast Arkansas Workforce Development Area. The Director leads the Local Workforce
Development Board (LWDB) staff to meet the program goals, fulfill the mission, and pursue the vision of the Board. The
Director accepts and executes all required managerial and administrative responsibilities of the department. The Director is
responsible for the successful management, lawfully compliant administration, skilled operational performance, and
financial integrity of all procedures, programs, and activities of the SEAWDB. The Director works closely with the
Executive Director of the Fiscal Agent, leadership of the One-Stop Operator and WIOA Title I-B Service Provider entitie(s).
• Operate in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local standards in the performance of the essential
functions of the position; ensure SEAWDB and its agencies are in compliance with the applicable regulations by
monitoring all workforce development programs.
• Ensure the appointment and maintenance of a certified LWDB.
• Understand, interpret, and assist in the construction of board policy for implementation of State and Federal
• Implement orientation and ongoing training of SEAWDB members to ensure their confidence and capacity of
carrying forth the mission of the board.
• Review, develop and execute the SEAWDB strategy and local/regional plan; pursue, evaluate, and recommend
business and technology alliances and strategic partnerships to the SEAWDB.
• Implement, coordinate, and maintain a comprehensive and integrated workforce development marketing strategy.
• Translate SEAWDB and the Chief Elected Officials (CEOs) policies and mandates into effective
operational procedures to meet the needs of workforce development programs.
• Oversee all phases of the administration of the SEAWDB including personnel, local and regional planning, budget
oversight, proposal development, contract management, monitoring and evaluation of programs, and community relations.
• Supervise workforce board/administrative staff.
• Assist Board Chairman in planning and conducting SEAWDB and CEO meetings.
• Oversee the development and implementation of an operational plan for the Arkansas Workforce Centers.
• Coordinate partner activities related to One-Stop Infrastructure Funding Agreement and MOU’s including
budgeting, cost-sharing negotiations, and capacity-building activities.
• Monitor information systems to meet budget guidelines and negotiated performance levels.
• Provide oversight and monitoring of program operations and deliver strategies for service providers.
• Initiate and maintain quality and continuous improvement principles/techniques within the workforce development system.
• Provide visible leadership to the SEAWDB’s efforts to engage the business community in developing approaches
to meet the workforce needs of the businesses in Southeast Arkansas.
• Proactively plan and coordinate with local education agencies, economic development agencies, business partners,
One-Stop Operator, WIOA Title I-B Service Providers, Partners, and community-based organizations to leverage
resources and integrate service delivery without duplication of efforts.
• Coordinate visits by Federal and State Auditors and Program Monitors, and external monitors and meet with
representatives of these groups, answer questions, resolve issues, clarify situations, and assist in any manner
• Ensure all operations comply with the Sunshine Provision Law and Freedom of Information Act and provide
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Formal Equivalent of a Bachelor’s Degree in Workforce Development, Community Development, Business, Public Administration,
Human Resources, Law, or related field from an accredited College or University; Master’s degree preferred; Relevant and related
work experience may be substituted.
• Ten years of experience in a supervisory and leadership capacity.
• Strong leadership skills; able to manage diverse and creative teams; demonstrate good judgment in structuring a professional
environment while maintaining a highly dynamic, creative, and productive department.
• Self-Ability to manage one’s time efficiently, problem-solve and be self-sufficient while working with little supervision, but with high ethical standards.
• Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
• An advanced skill set in word processing, communications, preparation of reports, data entry and other administrative skills.
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
• Extremely organized and detail oriented, ability to prioritize projects, multi-task, strong problem-solving skills and good research skills.
• Proficiency in understanding protocol while communicating with colleagues, partners, and leaders in the community.
• Knowledge of general business operation etiquette, and practices
• A dynamic, positive self-starter
• Ability to handle multiple projects with the understanding of urgency in meeting impending deadlines
SPECIAL WORK CONDITIONS:
Must have reliable transportation and valid Arkansas driver’s license
Ability to travel in state, including overnight stays
Southeast Arkansas Economic Development District, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer