- Customer Engagement: Maintain excellent relationships with our customer base, some of the largest wholesale distributors in the industry, who have been doing business with our mill for decades.
- Production: Work with the Floor Manager to schedule the production of numerous similar but slightly different production orders daily.
- Fiber costing: Over the phone, obtain bids and purchase the lumber required to fulfill orders.
- Sourcing materials: Source and purchase materials needed for the maintenance and repair work being done at the mill.
- Invoices: Prepare all customer invoices and bids.
- Production Oversight: Collaborate closely with the Floor Manager to monitor production progress, ensuring that orders are processed within specified timelines. Address any issues or delays to minimize disruptions and communicate any anticipated delays to customers.
- Logistics Management: Schedule trucks or rail-car shipping. Work closely with our office manager and our logistics partners to ensure on-time delivery to customers.
- Hiring: To be the decision maker for all hiring and firing of employees.
- Proven experience of at least one year in mill management and/or sales.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain client and worker relationships.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities are needed to work with the floor manager to coordinate production lines that process multiple orders daily.
- Proficient in logistics coordination and working with the office manager to schedule transportation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Leadership qualities with the ability to motivate and guide our work and management team.
- Problem-solving mindset within a specialty mill where each job is unique but with similar qualities to other products we produce.
Location/Benefits: Our mill is in Warren, Arkansas, a small town situated about 90 minutes south of Little Rock. The town's atmosphere and close-knit community provide a serene place to live and work. We may be able to provide housing for this position if required. We offer a competitive starting salary based on experience. We offer health insurance which includes dental and vision. We offer a quarterly performance bonus and there is room for salary growth based on business performance.