School Based Security Officers - Qual: HS Diploma/GED; must be 21 yrs. old; pass background check, drug test & physical fitness test; valid AR driver’s license AND private security officer certification preferred. Submit an online application at www.pcssd.org
or contact Sandra Arnold at 501-234-2260. EOE
High school graduate/GED
Must be 21 years of age
No felony convictions or arrests
Valid Arkansas driver’s license
Private Security Officer Certification/Preferred
Pass the drug/alcohol test
Pass the Physical Fitness Assessment
REPORTS TO: Facilitator of Safety and Security/Building Administrator
JOB GOAL: To help provide and ensure the security and protection of all students, staff, and property.
- Routinely patrol all areas of assigned school for illegal or questionable activity.
- Carry District portable school base radio, cell phone or pager at all times while on duty.
- Assist in the enforcement of District rules/practices relating to the order and safety of building, grounds and students.
- Complete the Student Discipline Referral form when appropriate.
- Must be available to stop assaults and class disturbances and to supervise activities.
- Aid in the investigation of classroom disturbances, assaults or possible criminal activity during school and district activities.
- Maintain positive working relationship with students, staff and the general public.
- Maintain appropriate grooming and physical appearance.
- Use physical force, only as necessary, to restrain a student who poses a threat to himself and/or others.
- Facilitate the resolution of problems among students, parents and school staff in order to reduce the possibility of criminal activity and violence at school.
- Provide security during school functions such as athletic events, dances, PTA programs and any school- sponsored activity when the building administrator and security department consider attendance advantageous.
- Perform some heavy lifting
- Respond to after hour emergencies.
- Check building for fall safety hazards to include potential hazards on the playground.
- Contact law enforcement agencies whenever possible criminal activity is suspected.
- Attend all security department meetings and in-services.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the Director of Safety and Security, Coordinator, or the building administrator.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit an online application at www.pcssd.org. Personnel currently employed by the district who meet the necessary qualifications may apply by submitting an online District application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 27, 2021 (or until filled)
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE PULASKI COUNTY SPECIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, QUALIFIED DISABILITY OR VETERAN IN ITS EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES, EDUCATION SERVICES, FINANCIAL AID, AND EMPLOYMENT. THE DISTRICT WILL MAKE SPECIAL EFFORTS TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE WOMEN, BLACKS AND DISABLED PERSONS. EQUITY CONCERNS MAY BE ADDRESSED TO THE ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT FOR EQUITY AND PUPIL SERVICES.