Aviation Certified Flight Instructor (CFI)
in Melbourne, Arkansas,
seeks qualified applicants for
a full time Aviation – Certified Flight Instructor (CFI).
For description, requirements, & full job posting please visit www.ozarka.edu/hr
Position will remain open until filled. Interviews will begin immediately. AA/EEO Employer.
Aviation – Certified Flight Instructor (CFI)
Ozarka College seeks applicants for an Aviation – Certified Flight Instructor (fixed wing). The Aviation – Certified Flight Instructor, acting under the direction of the Director of Aviation, provides flight instruction primarily in Cessna 172N, 172 RG and Barron B55 aircraft. Full and non-motion Red Bird simulators, and a full range of freshman and sophomore aviation courses including, but not limited to: Fundamentals of Aeronautics, Air Traffic Control, Human Factors and Safety, Advanced Aerodynamics and Performance, FAA Regulations and Publications, and Aviation Weather, Private Pilot, Instrument and Multi Engine Certification. This position is primarily a flight instruction position, with classroom teaching responsibilities at the Melbourne Arkansas Municipal Airport (42A) and the Melbourne campus, and may include day, evening, and online classes. Other duties include: participation in departmental activities, institutional committee assignment, student advising, assessment, and appropriate professional development activities relevant to the position. Melbourne AR is located in beautiful Northern Arkansas and offers a low cost of living. Build flight hours while working in an exciting, student-centered environment. Program is strongly supported by the College administration and Board of Trustees.
- A current U.S. FAA Commercial Pilot certificate with Airplane category, Single-Engine and Multi-Engine Land Class with an Instrument Airplane rating. Current U.S. FAA 2nd Class medical certificate or higher.
- Commitment to aviation education
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work effectively with college committees, campus organizations, and other educational institutions and to be involved in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Ability to design goals and assess learning outcomes
- Associate's Degree in Aviation or higher, or a related field strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Aviation, or a related field
- Experience with, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of working, commuting, and other non-traditional community college students
- Experience with 14 CFR Part 141 flight school requirements
- Two or more years of experience as a CFII and MEI
- Meet the requirements for Assistant Chief Instructor of a Private Pilot Course per 14 CFR § 141.36, including:
- At least 500 hours as pilot in command; and
- Flight training experience, acquired as either a certificated flight instructor or an instructor in a military pilot flight training program, or a combination thereof, consisting of at least—
a) One year and a total of 250 flight hours; or
b) 500 flight hours.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled. Interviews will begin immediately.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. This position is a 12-month position . To apply, submit detailed letter of application, an Ozarka Employment Application, résumé, flight experience attachment, unofficial copies of transcripts, and names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to:
Office of Human Resources
Attention: Aviation – Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) Search Committee
P. O. Box 10
Melbourne, AR 72556