Job Description: (Multiple positions open at different sites)
This employee performs a variety of maintenance and repair functions for the Housing Authority’s apartment communities. This employee is capable of performing the duties in his craft or trade and has sufficient working knowledge of all maintenance crafts and trades to perform these duties with a minimum of supervision. Reporting to the Maintenance Lead, this position is responsible for maintenance of apartments, grounds care, and the general appearance and functionality of their property. Work assignments received in the form of broad objectives and performance expectations with minimal direction in day-to-day operations. This position is a hands on working maintenance position that will require maintenance and construction duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Cleans, paints, repairs and refurbishes apartments as they become vacant.
• Installs and repairs plumbing and fixtures in apartments and office building. Makes repairs to appliances such as stoves and refrigerators; also cleans stoves and refrigerators in vacant apartments; various repair work in carpentry, plumbing, electrical and mechanical according to work orders received.
• Services and maintains Authority vehicles. Performance Standards Performance standards are provided to help facilitate the periodic evaluation of the degree to which the employee meets the requirements of the job. The performance standards below represent examples and are in no way all-inclusive.
The Authority reserves the right to add or change performance standards through a modification of the position description, a supplemental performance evaluation tool, or written or verbal communication between the employee and their supervisor or the Asset Management Director. Achieving the performance standards in no way guarantees a change in compensation and does not supersede or affect the at-will relationship between the employer and employee.
• Apartment Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
• Mechanical Knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
• EPA Universal Certification (Preferred)
• EPA Refrigerant Certification (Preferred)