The primary role of the· Integrated Solid Waste (ISW) Project Manager is to manage, direct, and coordinate the daily staffing and operations of the Recycling/Solid Waste Collection Center. This position also performs managerial work in the development of managing, operating, administrative and environmental compliance including the efficient collection, disposal, and recycling of the municipal solid waste in accordance with established laws and ordinances.
• Manage, supervise, plan, organize, train and direct staff related to the daily operation of the Recycling Center.
• Oversee day-to -day operations of the Center the scheduling of collections and proper allocation of personnel and equipment.
• Supervise the safe and efficient transport and disposal of solid waste and recyclable materials.
• Manage the daily requests, implement budgeted programs, and monitor expenditures throughout the year.
• Represent the company to the client in matters to solid waste field operations regarding customer service, safety, and operational issues. Investigate and take appropriate action in response to client complaints or inquires. Ensure improvements are initiated to eliminate continuing problems.
• Assure proper upkeep, repair and maintenance of all equipment’s including company and client provided equipment’s.
• Enforce proper safety standards and precautions.
• Resolve procedural, operation, labor and other work-related problems with staff and corporate office.
• Review and negotiate landfill, vendors, subcontractor rates and fees, monitor recycling revenues and research new markets.
• Consolidate vendors wherever possible to provide opportunities for greater return to the client.
• Operate and maintain a variety of heavy and highly complex equipment’s including refuse trucks, front -end loaders, dump trucks, compactors, roll-off bins, chippers, etc.
• Examine loads of waste for recyclable material and direct sorting, handling, and recycling operations.
• Ensure waste disposal activities are following health, federal, state, and local ordinances and regulations pertaining to the collection and disposal of all solid waste, including overseeing the preparation and maintenance of compliance reports and records.
• Prepare records and. Monthly client reports on disposal activities, such as quantities of waste handled, receipts from operations, actions taken, etc.
• Supervise, direct, and evaluate assigned staff, address employee concerns and problems, counsel, disciplines, and complete performance appraisals, conduct interviews and make hiring decisions.
• Oversee and provide site specific information intended for the client, the media and other community agencies related to recycling efforts at client site.
• Enforce education awareness at client site to enhance and increase diversion goals.
• Research improvement opportunities to efficiencies in the ISWM program.
• Coordinate temporary service adjustments with vendors due to machine failure, volume of
• Materials increase or decrease or relocation of staff.
• Review and develop collection, distribution routes and pickup schedules.
• Perform waste audits and implement changes to increase diversion goals.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• 3 years minimum on a position focused on dealing specifically with customer service or customer-related activities.
• College degree and or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform this job.
• 5 years of working in recycle metal yard with sales over $50,000.00 annually
• Possession of the valid Class9 driver' s license
• 3 years of increasingly responsible experience operating large trucks or similar vehicles to include 2 years of operating equipment such as refuse trucks, front -end loaders, etc. Operation, maintenance, and basic repair of a variety of solid waste equipment’s and tools used to perform assignments
• Proficient in the English language; reading, writing, and speaking
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in a multi -cultural environment
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time and the reform have the know-how to manage time effectively
• Must be results - oriented, take initiative, and be self - m motivated
• Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties
• Pass medical examination and regulated tests
• Considerable knowledge of solid waste management rules, regulations, methods, and procedures