Crew Chief - Survey
Landpoint is currently looking for a Civil Survey Party Chief. This opportunity is to work for our Magnolia AR office crews and clients in the area. This position does NOT offer daily per diem rates except on occasions where work is required outside of our local working area.
You must be familiar with all surveying techniques used for civil surveying.
40-50 hour work week (more if needed)
Company truck provided during working hours
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will work primarily in the field on control, topographic surveys, civil surveys and pipeline surveys as Party Chief of a one, two or three-person field crew in urban and remote North Texas
- May also perform some office duties, including data reduction, field note reduction, calculations, data checks and staking computations using survey computer programs and AutoCAD
- Will accurately run and adjust survey measuring instruments including levels, GPS equipment, and total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities
- Performs mathematical calculations and field checking of field data
- Take accurate and clear notes and performs note reduction
- Reads and understands plans and specifications
- Know basic sources of measurement errors
- Know principles of monumentation, staking and marking
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of 5 years total survey experience, 3 of which as a Party Chief
- Must be experienced in controlling the function of surveying instruments and calculators
- Must be proficient in the use of total stations, GPS Receivers and data collectors
- Must be physically able to work long hours and carry heavy loads
- Possess good interpersonal skills, and effective written and oral communication skills
- Must be able and willing to travel
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirements
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Valid, Insurable Drivers License required
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug and background check
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, dealing effectively and reasonably with stress in the workplace without lost time or undue strain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee may be asked to walk on uneven surfaces, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, hike up and down steep slopes carrying up to 50 pounds of survey equipment, bend, squat, dig monument holes, pound in stakes and rebar monuments, carry and use brush cutting equipment, drive a four-wheeler or snowmobile, climb stairs, sit for extended periods of time, work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time, type/key-in data, and answer telephones frequently as needed. The employee will be required to adhere to the company's policies, safety plan and the project safety plan.