WATER PLANT Operator Apprentice
ConwayCorp is seeking a water treatment plant operator apprentice to learn to perform all aspects of water treatment plant operations.
Serve a three-year apprenticeship at our water treatment plant learning to operate and maintain stationary mechanical equipment such as water pumping equipment engines, air compressors, generators, motors, turbines, chemical insertion units, etc. to provide utility services to the city of Conway.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Ability to learn and comprehend all aspects of the water plant operations.
- Ability to successfully pass the examination and obtain the Treatment IV Water Operator's License.
- By the completion of the three-year apprenticeship, must obtain a Treatment IV Water Operator’s License.
- See; hear; use both hands and both feet while safely climbing ladders or operating various unpowered or powered tools and equipment.
- Ability to use basic tools effectively.
- Ability to safely operate trucks and groundskeeping equipment, including tractors, mowers, front-end loader, etc.
- Ability to perform minor maintenance on plant equipment such as motors, pumps, air compressors, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, including a pulmonary function test.
- The employee’s body weight, fully clothed, wearing shoes or boots and uniform appropriate for the season of the year, must not exceed 350 pounds.
- Possess a valid Arkansas Driver’s License with a good driving record.
- Operate an electronic monitoring system.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must live within a 30-minute response time of the intersection of Harkrider and Oak Streets in Conway.
- Must be able to work non-standard hours and occasional overtime.
- Holidays and weekends are included.
- Must be able to work effectively alone and without direct supervision.
- Must be able to work in all kinds of weather.
- Employee is exposed to an environment where toxic chemicals and other hazardous materials exist.
Full-time position with excellent benefits.
Closing date: 05/31/2023
AN EEO/ADA EMPLOYER