Position Title: Lube Technician
A successful Lube Technician has a sound knowledge of the parts of the engine and how they work. They understand the physics behind it to ensure they open up and fix the right part which is causing the problems. Lube technicians use good communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills to talk about the issues with the vehicle owner to explain the situation.
- Perform vehicle inspections that include examining and testing multiple points of interest on the vehicle, and checking thoroughly for oil leaks.
- Keep regular checks on the engine to prevent premature wear and ensure optimal engine performance.
- Check all fluid levels in the vehicle, including windshield washing liquid.
- Perform tire rotations and ensure the tires wear evenly and test the air pressure.
- Drain existing oil from vehicles and replace it with new oil, ensuring that the proper type of oil is used and replace filters in the engine, including air filters and oil filters.
- Clean engine parts to remove grime and buildup, and apply lubricant to these parts to restore them back to good working order.
- Make recommendations for further service on vehicles based on inspections.
- Notify the service advisor when vehicle maintenance cannot be completed.
If interested please call Charles Watts @ 501-227-6185