Arkansas State University Three Rivers
ASU Three Rivers in
Malvern, AR seeks dynamic & engaging candidates for the following positions:
• Database Analyst
• Part-time, Evening
For more information regarding these positions & application procedures visit: asutr.edu/jobs.
ASUTR is an AA/EO employer.
Arkansas State University Three Rivers is seeking a qualified person to fill the role of Controller. The Controller is the chief accounting officer of the college and is responsible for maintenance of all college accounting, budgeting, and financial records.
Directs and coordinates the business services functions and procedures, serves as the chief accountant of the college and ensures compliance with all applicable college, state and federal regulations and policies.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a concentration in accounting or finance.
· Fund accounting and/or experience with producing financial statements for a state agency or institution
· Demonstrated experience in organizing, conceptualizing, and prioritizing objectives and managing a high volume workflow office.
· Proficiency with use of e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software and use of the Internet.
Required Knowledge and Skills
· Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, including governmental accounting, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and internal controls for the safeguard of assets.
· Demonstrated excellent supervisory, administrative, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with students, college employees and the public.
· Demonstrated organizational skills in handling, directing and prioritizing multiple and complex assignments and projects.
· Skill in working effectively in a team environment with a customer service focus.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; and effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or our governing board.
Preferred Education and Experience
· Master’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
· Certified Public Accountant License.
· Experience in the accreditation process.
· Ten years of progressively responsible administrative experience in the business office functional area at a comprehensive community college or university.