ARKANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY
• Lab Coordinator
• Maintenance Assistant- Grounds
• Database Analyst
• Counselor/Student Success Coach
• Admissions Counselor
• Campus Skilled Trades Supervisor
• Counselor/Student Success Coach
https:// jobs .asub.edu
AA/EOE. Women & Minorities are encouraged to apply
Job Title Lab Coordinator
Classification Title Laboratory Coordinator
Campus Location ASU Beebe
Arkansas State University-Beebe, a comprehensive two-year community college and part of the Arkansas State University System, is seeking a Lab Coordinator.
Under direction from academic and administrative staff, performs skills and technical duties in the operation and maintenance of science laboratories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prep weekly labs by making needed solutions and bacterial culture media.
2. Set up weekly labs, including setting out models, slides, supplies, specimen buckets for dissections, chemicals, and other lab equipment according to the weekly lab schedule. This can accomplished at Beebe, Searcy, Heber Springs, or at the Little Rock Air Force Base campus sites.
3. Take down weekly labs, including putting away models, slides, supplies for dissections, chemicals, and other lab equipment according to the weekly lab schedule. This can accomplished at Beebe, Searcy, Heber Springs, or at the Little Rock Air Force Base campus sites.
4. Clean labs, including wiping down counters and sinks, washing and putting away any dirty glassware, dissection tools and aprons, ensuring labs are stocked with paper towels, gloves, soap dispensers, ensuring proper disposal of used specimens, chemicals, buckets, boxes and shipping materials.
5. Work with science faculty to order supplies and equipment as needed.
6. Inventory supplies, chemicals, slides, and specimens before, during, and after each semester.
7. Manage unpacking, labeling, storage of supplies and equipment, and submitting packing slips.
8. Schedule and oversee annual cleaning and maintenance of microscopes and possibly handle microscope repairs as needed. Servicing may also be needed during the semester to ensure fully functioning labs.
9. Report any broken or missing equipment immediately so it can be repaired or replaced.
10. Manage the proper disposal of biological and chemical wastes at the end of each semester.
11. Organize the stockroom. Label items, cabinets, and drawers. Place items in the proper place.
12. Work with faculty to prepare needed written lab materials such as copies of handouts.
13. Responsible for class safety training material at the beginning of the semester.
14. Make sure the labs are safe and have updated MSDS. Anything unsafe will reported immediately to the supervisor.
15. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge and experience in science laboratories required. College coursework in science laboratories required. Associate’s Degree in a lab science field required.
Bachelor’s Degree in a lab science field preferred.
Minimum Salary or Salary Range $24,065
Use hand to finger, handle, or feel frequently
Background Check Statement
This position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal, sex-offender registry background check. In cases where pre-determined, an additional financial/credit history/ background check may be required as well. Convictions that have been sealed or legally eradicated and misdemeanor convictions for which probation was completed and the case was dismissed, will be excluded. Disclosure does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors such as dates of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, rehabilitation and position applied for will be taken into account.
Background Check Requirements Criminal Background
ASU Beebe EEO Statement
Arkansas State University-Beebe shall provide equal opportunity for employment to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, and shall strive to achieve full and equal employment opportunity throughout our campuses for faculty and staff. Our goal is to foster a workplace community where individuals are valued for their diverse backgrounds and differences.