Donation Data Specialist
So that we may learn more about your qualifications, please submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references with your application submission.
Department: Quality Systems
Reports To: Director of Quality Systems
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Direct Reports: None
OSHA Risk Category: 2
The Donation Data Specialist will be responsible for organizational data analysis. This position is responsible for collecting, reviewing and analyzing data as they relate to regulatory compliance and ARORA’s organizational goals. This includes computer data input/update, statistical trend analysis, quality monitors, tracking and reporting on departmental quality improvement/projects, as well as developing and implementing consistent and thorough reports as needed throughout the organization. This position utilizes contemporary data analytic techniques to assure informed decision making and drive organizational change and process improvement. This position is responsible for adhering to all established standard operating procedures, federal, state, and association regulations.
- Conducts and prepares multi-departmental data trend analysis.
- Tracks organizational metrics to ensure consistency of measures across the organization and to support the success of the organization’s strategic efforts.
- Performs statistical analysis of information from databases as requested for internal process improvements.
- Completion of monthly organizational dashboard.
- Prepares data reports required and requested by Leadership team to present to all key stakeholders.
- Accountable for providing leadership and independent initiatives in facilitating information gathering, structured documentation, and presentation of findings to all levels of leadership.
- Conduct analysis of organizational processes and participate in the development of key performance indicators, process improvement changes and easy to use reporting tools for end users.
- Prepares and maintains data for hospital donation activity. Works with electronic donor management system vendor as it relates software configurations and data reporting.
- Streamline processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value. This includes the ability to write/update database queries in SQL Server Management Studio and utilize queries in reports created in Microsoft SSRS-SQL Server reporting services. Ensuring that these reports work properly, are accurate, and meet the needs and requirements of the organization.
- Prepares charts, graphs and reports of data as required by Executive Director, Leadership Team, and Board of Directors.
- Prepares and disseminates weekly project list to Leadership Team, outlining report description, status, and estimated deadline.
- Serves as in-house resources for all data information, for assigned databases.
- Responsible for specialty application support.
- Acts as the primary administrator of the BI program.
- Collaborates with industry and internal partners to innovate data techniques, security, metrics and reporting processes.
- Maintains and advances technical skills through professional education and training.
- Collaborate with ARORA Leadership Team and staff to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery, while providing technical advice and preparing project requirement specifications.
- Works with supervisor to develop and report on additional key performance indicators as requested.
- Inspect reports from regulatory agency against internal data for possible discrepancies.
- Assumes responsibilities for special projects that impact operations as directed.
- Ability to deliver under stressful situations.
- Serves as backup for coordinating EMR access for authorized staff. This includes requesting or rescinding access from hospitals and retaining current list of EMR authorized staff.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance at assigned work location.
- Accurately document timekeeping records.
- Completes and maintains appropriate documentation in a timely and thorough manner including activities. Examples includes: training documentation, mileage, expenses, electronic schedule of ARORA events, and other forms.
- Exhibits and models ARORA’s conduct standards, mission, and organizational clarity (core purpose, core values, business definition, and strategic anchors) in all job functions and interactions both internal and external to ARORA.
- Attendance at staff meetings, training programs, and/or in-services meetings, as required.
- Demonstrates professional appearance, behavior and standards in all business dealings and interactions.
- Demonstrates professional conduct and behavior reflective of ARORA’s respect, honor, admiration and reverence for the donor and donor family.
- Fosters effective relationships with client representatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Potential Risk Factors:
- Risk Exposure to Blood/Body Fluids: While performing some essential functions of your position, you may be exposed to blood or body fluids. Established procedures identify the appropriate personal protective measures that you should use when performing essential functions of your position. The ARORA Safety program will provide you with the appropriate procedures and guidelines in which you should perform the essential duties of your job. If you need additional training or resources, please see your supervisor or the ARORA Safety Officer.
- Repetitive Motion: While performing some essential functions of your position, you may be required to perform some functions repeatedly. When such tasks are not performed properly, injury can result.
- Minimum Weightlifting Requirement: While performing some essential functions of your position, you may be required to do some lifting, moving, pushing, or pulling. When such tasks are not performed properly, injury can result. Established procedures identify the precautions and/or equipment that should be used when performing this task. Must have the ability to lift minimum weight of 30 lbs.
- Prolonged Sitting, Standing, and Bending: While performing some essential functions of your position, you may be required to sit, stand, or bend for an extended period of time. When such tasks are not performed properly, injury can result. Established procedures identify the precautions and/or equipment that should be used when performing this task.
- Competency Evaluation: Competency evaluations are required for this position. Your supervisor will notify you when your evaluation is to be conducted.
- Training: You may need additional training to better understand the performance requirements of your essential job functions. Training classes are available and can be requested and/or assigned. Your attendance at such classes is mandatory.
- Works in normal office environment.
- Infrequent travel required by personal vehicle to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Required to carry a cellular telephone for business purposes.
- Non-smoking office.
- Drug Free Workplace.
Forty-hour workweek with occasional weekends, holidays, or evenings.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Database Report Developer, Business Administration, Statistics, Mathematics, or Accounting). With three (3) or more years working experience.
- Two years’ experience in writing, developing, and maintaining Microsoft SSRS Reports and SQL queries and against a corporate database to pull business data and create reports.
- Knowledgeable of Windows Servers, Windows 7, in a domain environment, Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Exchange.
- Prefer experience in the medical field.
- Excellent analytical skills and experience in configuration, change control, verification and validation processes, and risk management techniques and methodologies.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, along with the ability to work well with a wide variety of people required.
- Quick learner who is highly adaptable, self-motivated, and organized required.
- Consistent demonstration of attention to detail, precision, accuracy and customer satisfaction.
- Possess strong prioritization skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Excellent problem solving, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills (i.e. has the ability to make decisions based on situational circumstance, company policy and customer relations).
- Ability to utilize general office equipment, software, and must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
This position is responsible for acquiring and managing confidential records and ensuring that information is protected according to the recognized standards, regulations, and standards for maintaining patient records.